Executive Edge is a program that helps executives implement targeted changes, to allow their business to grow and succeed while creating room for a full and fulfilled personal life.
Leading in today’s dynamic climate is complex and challenging. Stress and overwhelm are par for the course given the hectic pace and the breadth of skills required to fulfill your responsibilities.
As a leader, you must:
1. Hire and inspire talented teams.
2. Skillfully manage change and continuous improvement.
3. Respond constructively to challenges and opportunities.
4. Lead and coach high potential and difficult employees simultaneously.
5. Earn the respect of others…and demonstrate your respect for them.
6. Make decisions quickly and effectively.
Does your team have what it takes? Do you?
Executives and businesses are increasingly turning to coaching to help them meet the challenges of living and working in this nonstop, 24/7, constantly-connected world. We are trying to lead, breed, and succeed in what’s been termed a “VUCA” environment: Volatile, Unpredictable, Complex, Ambiguous.
Equally important, “lonely at the top” is, as you know, no myth. You may be surrounded by people. You may have plenty of friends. But, if you’re like the average executive, you’re making 7 major (and countless minor) decisions each day without the benefit of a trusted sounding-board who understands the issues you’re facing.
And then there’s the “breed” part of the equation. You either have a family you’d like to spend quality time with, or you’d like to create one. Building that into an executive lifestyle can be a major challenge.
Any of this sound familiar?
Luckily, you don’t have to remain stuck in this quagmire. Executive coaching can help you remain agile, break through both personal and professional barriers, develop your vision, and gain clarity by providing a view through a trusted lens. While you might think work/life balance is a joke (and I agree), coaching can help you achieve work/life integration, defined as success and fulfillment in both arenas, while increasing your bottom line.
For a business, coaching is a cost-effective way of inspiring excellence in your high level employees, maximizing their potential and investing in their future – both personal and professional. It’s a concrete demonstration of the value you place on the recipient, which ultimately generates strong commitment and motivation. Investing in coaching – for yourself and for your team – is one of the best ways to “walk the talk” and emphasize corporate values of customer and employee satisfaction.
Coaching is a powerful investment that delivers measurable business results and high employee satisfaction. Whether you’re leading an established corporation or building your own company, coaching provides a roadmap, guidance, and support to meet your goals.
What Exactly is Coaching?
Coaching with the Executive Edge provides a supercharged, tailored system of learning and development. Coaching for executives and small business owners may vary in scope and areas of emphasis, but all strategies include a focus on:
1. Leadership Development & Grooming
Successful leadership requires elements of “emotional intelligence” that the Executive Edge coaching system develops, including:
- Self-awareness and self-management: Your ability to accurately identify your own emotions and general style. That awareness allows you to respond rather than react to challenges and opportunities. You’re able to cultivate your strengths and work around your weaknesses to best support your vision.
- Social awareness: Your ability to accurately recognize and understand what others are feeling in order to respond appropriately to their needs.
- Relationship management: At the intersection of self-awareness and social awareness, lies the brass ring: creating and maintaining successful relationships with customers, colleagues, and employees, as well as family and friends.
Successful leadership requires finesse in relationship management, and this is a skill that requires lifetime development.
2. Strategy & Vision
Businesses become and stay competitive in the long run through strategic vision and process implementation. This includes development and adherence to:
- company culture & values
- employee & team development
- communication systems
- change management
In addition to the emphasis on leadership, strategy, and vision, Executive Edge is further tailored to meet each executive’s specific and unique needs.
The Executive Edge coaching relationship is collaborative and solutions-oriented. Outcomes are behavioral, objective, and measurable. Goals are clarified initially, and guidance, information, education, and support follow to ensure your success. Often, this involves challenging limiting beliefs, clarifying values and strengths, and acquisition of tools to improve functioning.
The Totally Un-Fuzzy Impact of Coaching
Executive coaching can be one of the most cost-effective ways of developing individuals and improving bottom line. Research clearly supports this. Consider just a few basic statistics:
- A recent study of executive coaching in a Fortune 500 firm by Metrix Global reported a 529% return on investment.
- A survey by Manchester Inc. of 100 executives found that coaching provided an average return on investment of almost six times the cost of the coaching.
- An internal report of the Personnel Management Association showed that when training and coaching are combined, individuals increase their productivity by an average of 86% compared to 22% with training alone.
- A Hay Group study of Fortune 500 companies found that 21 to 40% use executive coaching. Coaching was used as standard leadership development for elite executives and talented up-and-comers.
The Executive Edge Coaching System
Working with Executive Edge, you can expect to gain fresh perspectives, enhance your thinking and decision-making, significantly improve your effectiveness, and increase your confidence. The system leverages your already existing wealth of talents, skills, and strengths to clarify and achieve your goals. We also ensure that you have the tools to continue to grow and develop on your own.
What would it be like to really invest in your own development or that of your business? Wherever your challenges lie, there are straight-forward solutions to get you unstuck. Together, we can unlock your personal potential and break through your business barriers.
You’re worth the investment!
…Talk with Lyssa to learn more about Executive Edge